Battle Fantasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olivia Strategy

2 posters

Go down

Olivia Strategy Empty Olivia Strategy

Post  Empud Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:59 pm

I want Olivia to be my main character, but I'm not to good with her yet. Anyone know anything good about her??
Empud
Empud
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Olivia Strategy Empty Re: Olivia Strategy

Post  LiSyaoran Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Empud wrote:I want Olivia to be my main character, but I'm not to good with her yet. Anyone know anything good about her??
I don't know much about Olivia yet. I'll keep my eyes open for some strats.
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

http://battlefantasia.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Empud Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 pm

LiSyaoran wrote:I don't know much about Olivia yet. I'll keep my eyes open for some strats.
Thanks =) . I'll just keep watching these videos.
Empud
Empud
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:49 pm

She has an awesome Gatchi Drive combo mid screen too.
Jumping D, 236C (Only Bird hits), Jump B xx C, (at this point must be under 12 hits), 623C.
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Got the from Buktooth at SRK

olivia's objective: to corner her opponent

why?

- heat up unblockables
- heat up overhead/low trickery
- heat up post-grab combos
- post-2D juggles
- in the corner it doesn't matter that most of olivia's knockdowns are tech roll-able

olivia's strengths:

- strong corner game
- awesome command grab
- fast movement
- strong normal moves

olivia's weaknesses:

- no verifiable low combo outside the corner besides B 2D
- no verifiable standing combo, unless opponent is crouching or counter hit
- weak anti air
- all knockdowns are tech-rollable and lose momentum outside of the corner, except for 2D and supers
- no reversal

noteworthy normals:

C - great poke. fast, long-ranged, high parry

2D - best sweep in the game by a mile. long range (longer than C!), beats a lot of stuff, fast, leaves opponent in juggle state, not tech roll-able. olivia is pretty much always trying to hit this move, as it goes a long way towards cornering an opponent, and if the opponent is already cornered it leads to big damage. also has the distinction of being olivia's only move that isn't tech roll-able outside of supers

2C - another long-ranged low poke, though not as long as either of the two moves above. it is cancellable though, and combos into 236C (into 214214A/C) at most ranges. generally used to whiff punish and to punish unsafe moves at a distance

B - low attack. chains into 2D for a natural combo which is safe on block. also chains into 6D for corner heat up unblockables

D - the closest thing olivia has to a standing anti-air. if done early enough, works decently well. she'll often have to use jump back D for anti-air against other moves that beat D or against opponents that air parry

close C - olivia's combo starter against opponents who are looking to low parry. against a crouching opponent or on counter hit, olivia can link 2B -> 236C (into 214214A/C) afterwards. can't really verify anything off of it on standing opponents, though it sort of seems possible to verify and late cancel into 623C or whatever. need more testing. in the corner, close C chains into 6D for a heat up unblockable that must be standing parried

3D - basically 3D is 3s chun's 3+roundhouse. it has its uses, but will generally get you bounce parried. after a B xx 2D combo midscreen, you can dash, move backwards a bit and do a 3D which makes it really ambiguous whether she's going to hit or not. if they whiff a parry you can do a big combo, or if they expect you to whiff (it almost always looks like it's going to whiff) they may eat the 3D into 2C -> 236C

6D - a sneeze, can be charged up by holding down the button. on full charge the sneeze becomes unblockable and wires the opponent. deadly in conjunction with heat up
on counter hit 6D always wires
6D has upper-body invulnerability

special moves:

236A/C
A version combos off of 2B on standing opponents, but doesn't knock down and does minimal damage. also is unsafe on block most of the time. generally just not a good idea to use
C version combos off of 2C at most ranges, and 2B against crouching opponents. knocks down, but is tech-rollable. for some reason, though, you can super cancel the C version of the move even though she appears to be off the ground. since the C version knocks down, super cancel into 214214A/C. 236C is also what olivia uses to punish things from really far away like deathbringer's 623Razz:
super cancelling into 214214Razz: after a juggled 236C generally doesn't hit
use 236 to get in closer after a 2D knockdown midscreen while building meter

623A/C
A version: there's no reason i can think of to use it
C version: mainly used as olivia's most damaging combo ender without using meter. neither version has any invul or any use as an anti-air, and both can be tech-rolled

63214:A:or:C:
i'm pretty sure both versions of the grab are identical
this move alone gives olivia a scary mix up game up close. off of it, she can get dash -> close 5C -> 623C against every character except watson. watson flies away after the grab, so all you get on him 236C midscreen. if you want to use meter, olivia can do dash -> C -> 236C -> 21421:4:A:or:C: for a lot of damage

(air) 214B/D
B version shoots down at a steep angle and recovers quickly
D version shoots down at a 60 degree angle and recovers slowly
the B version is what you'll mostly be using. if you can get the opponent to block it deep enough, there seems to be frame advantage afterwards (don't quote me on this)
beats most normal-move anti airs
on hit, the opponent gets launched up for a juggle, so the reward is high
can be cancelled into from jump D, which forces a mix up situation: (air) 21:4:B:/D must be blocked high, so the opponent has to keep standing if they expect it coming

(air) 214B/D (hold)
use this move if you expect your opponent to attempt to parry the the (air) 214B/D; not to be tricky like you think you're magneto. if the opponent does whiff a parry, come down with a full jump in combo

supers:

236236A/C
this super generally does more damage than 236236A/C in ground combos. also seems to be have a little more invincibility. generally used to punish moves from afar or after 2C from max range

214214A/C
since this super juggles, it's used in most of her combos. generally used after 236C or 2D in the corner
on block, the last hit is easily bounce parried

heat up:

causes birds to attack after olivia, extending combo and attacking possibilities. mostly useless outside of the corner. i don't think she gets any new chains either. birds cannot be tech-rolled

A attacks: 2 birds
B attacks: 3 birds
C attacks: 4 birds
D attacks: 5 birds
special moves: 5 birds

corner unblockables:

olivia's 6D is unblockable when fully charged. it can be chained into from B and close C
when in heat up mode, chaining into charged 6D causes the birds to go nuts and drill away at the opponent. on hit the 6D actually combos, and on block it's inescapable

the opponent has to parry the first hit of the chain to escape the unblockable. if they parry the first hit, a few birds hit the opponent for free, then a hole in the birds appear for the opponent to escape through. you can let go of 6D on reaction and still combo off of the birds, but it won't wire and you don't get much out of it

since the opponent has to parry the first hit, you're going to have mix up between starting the unblockable with B or close C

the trick is spacing. the rule of thumb is that you want to be just far enough so that the 6D just barely reaches. that way the birds have less of a chance of whiffing over crouching opponents. for chaining off of C, you want to be as far away as the game will let you be while still getting a close C

the unblockable set up works a lot better on some chars than others. works best on big characters, not so well on smaller ones

getting the unblockable off of B is easy on most crouching characters except urs and the girls. getting it off of C doesn't work at all against urs and the girls. possibly marco too? (watson is fat pretty much everything works on him)

after the unblockable hits, i juggle a close C, then walk up and juggle another far C if the birds didn't eat up all the juggle potential. from there you just set up the unblockable again as they're getting up

combos:
(damage numbers coming later)

low combos:
B 2D
2C 236C 214214A/C
2C 236236A/C

standing combos:
C 236C/623C
C 2B :236C 214214A/C (crouching opponent / counter hit)

midscreen post-grab combos:
63214A/C -> dash -> any ground combo
63214A/C 236C (vs watson)
63214A/C 2C 236C (easy can't miss combo)

high bounce parry combos:
high bounce parry -> jump C -> jump D -> 2D (not tech roll-able)
high bounce parry -> jump C -> jump D -> 623C (more damage)
high bounce parry -> jump C -> jump D -> 214214A/C

low bounce parry combos:
low bounce parry -> super jump C -> C C D 236C 214214A/C

situational combos:
(air) 214B/D 236C
(air) 21:4:B:/D 214214A/C
3D 2C 236C 214214A/C
2A 2B 214A
2A 2B 236236A/C

corner combos:
2D 2D (not tech roll-able, sets up heat up)
2D 623C (from most ranges)
2D C (max range)
63214A/C -> dash + heat up -> C -> walk -> C -> walk -> C -> 2C -> 236C (sets up unblockable)
(heat up) 6B 2C 236C D (starts from overhead)

random stuff:
you can kara cancel 3D into (air) 214B/D, which actually makes her fly the other way. not terribly useful, other than for looking fancy and maybe running away while building meter
the way you kara cancel into it is weird. you actually have to do 214B/D as 236B/D, probably because she's turned around in the air
you would think doing the kara cancel as 23D6B/D would be easy, but i have way more success with 2363DB. even though, i only get it like 10% of the time

in heat up, 236236A/C can be super cancelled into 214214A/C (peace out 3 bars)
in heat up, 236236A/C can be juggled after
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:01 am

One thing he failed to mention that is very important is this combo

2B xx 2A xx 2B xx 236A or 236236A/C
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran