Battle Fantasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And here it is.

5 posters

Go down

And here it is. Empty And here it is.

Post  LiSyaoran Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Its a day after its American release on the XBox 360. Some infinite combos have been removed which is great; the more balanced the better. The Tiers in Japan right now seem to be Cedric, Coyori, Watson and Ashley (in no specific order) on top. Who do you play as?
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

http://battlefantasia.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

And here it is. Empty Re: And here it is.

Post  Empud Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:27 pm

LiSyaoran wrote:Who do you play as?
I play as Coyori and Olivia (girls FTW!). Not to good with Olivia though Sweat
Empud
Empud
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rollie Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Leaning towards Face, assuming I can find a copy of the darn game.
Rollie
Rollie
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Rollie wrote:Leaning towards Face, assuming I can find a copy of the darn game.
lol, I just got it today. I like Face too actually. Him and Olivia seem like there going to be my favs.
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BoringRyu Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:45 am

Wasn't Watson considered B tier in Japan? Or was it only for the arcade version?

Anyway, I'm maining Deathbringer. I like his style a lot and he's a lot of fun to play as. Might also pick up Urs or Marco or Dokurod, not sure who yet.

BoringRyu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 am

BoringRyu wrote:Wasn't Watson considered B tier in Japan? Or was it only for the arcade version?

Anyway, I'm maining Deathbringer. I like his style a lot and he's a lot of fun to play as. Might also pick up Urs or Marco or Dokurod, not sure who yet.
Deathbringer as far as tier goes Im not quite certain. There are a few good Japanese players with him though.
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BoringRyu Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:22 am

According to nohoho, Deathbringer is just under the top tiers. I don't know how accurate the list still is but here it is anyway:
S Class
Cedric
Keeping his opponents pinned down with low-recovery projectiles is Cedric's speciality. His Holy Devotion hits very quickly, which makes it good for air defense or reversals. Although Cedric has some good pokes, he's got scant low attacks [especially if D is held down for St. Drop Kicks] so he's limited to normal throws if he wants to break his opponent's defense.

Ashley
Ashley's ability to turn a Gachi Drive into an infinite combo is a big weapon, but his basic abilities are strong to begin with. These include speedy jump attacks, command throws with decent range and various moves that leave his opponent open to follow-ups. His Heat Up can be used for a high/low mix-up plus big damage. Ashley doesn't have any invincible moves; lack of a quick reversal is one weak point.

A Class
Face
Face has fierce sequential attacks, plus the quick start-up for his Texas Knee and super moves give him an outstanding interrupt and anti-air ability. Quick start-up on the Kouya no Bazooka, in particular, makes it difficult to Gachi. If your opponent tries to stop the sequential attacks using Gachi, you can be in trouble, however. Mix up high/low and use feints [hold the button down during Wild Comeback and Frontier Shot] to baffle their counter attempts or you'll get killed by a couple Gachi Drive combos.

DeathBringer
DeathBringer's great range lets him keep is opponent at a distance. He's also got devastating combos off of Gachi Drive hits and good normal throw range. Up close, however, slow moves and a lack of invincible attacks means you'll have to struggle. Whether or not the opposing character can block and counter Death's pokes will change the match-up dramatically.

Donvalve
Good command throws and the huge far standing C are Don's primary weapons. Close C -> Flying Don Cake is a fierce anti-air combo. His crouching A is the fastest in the game. Donvalve was ranked at the top in the spring ('07), but he fell a bit as people became more adept at avoiding his command grabs.

Coyori
Multi-hit jump attacks, Uraban Cha mix-ups and big hit confirms off weak attacks put Coyori in the top tier [or not.] She lacks any mid range moves, however, and her constant assault is a big target for Gachi Match/Drive attempts.

Urs
Urs's excellent hit confirms and big combos plus his terrific counter attack ability give him a lot of stability. He has the potential to go head-to-head with the top tier group. On the other hand, Urs has few good mid range moves and his throw whiff animation is longer than the rest of the cast. Avoiding counters up close is key.

Freed
Freed can deal a huge amount of damage in a very short amount of time. Welcome Tempest is a very handy reversal move. Outside of Heat Up! trickery, however, he doesn't have many mix-ups beyond attack/throw. Predictable Magun Jetter attacks can get him in trouble vs. Gachi Drive, too.

Odile & Dokurod
Odile's strengths lie in multi-hit special moves, the cross-up dash and quick Petite Pirouette attacks from the air. She can be tough to Gachi or throw so she can really pin some characters down. Odile's damage off of Gachi combos is poor which means she's in trouble when they go on offense. It seems like her position on the ranks could fall as more research is conducted.

Marco
Although he has some standard attacks and a strong okiseme ability, Marco pokes and the low damage they get him, low health and a short jump arc mean he tends to get out-ranged. Since he has a wide variety of attacks, if you can close the gap you'll be in a strong position.

B Class
Olivia
Olivia's normal move pokes and angled jump attacks are both remarkable. She lacks mix-ups and it's tough to hit confirm unless you're very close. Combo damage is also meager so she's fallen into the bottom tier. If Olivia only had an invincible special move she'd probably be ranked higher.

Watson
Leveling up can be arduous; plus lacking any worthwhile attacks beyond throw and jump C at level 1 makes things tough for Watson. Score a Gachi early in the fight to make things much easier.

Like I said, don't know how accurate this is to this day for the console release but Consumer has very few things removed besides Ashley's corner infinite and meaty throw bullshit, so I'd say it's still useable.

BoringRyu
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:21 am

I personally believe its not that accurate. Ashley's infinite its in the XBox version (thank gosh), but mainly cause Watson DEFINITELY isn't bottom tier. I've seen him played VERY well in japan and hes one of the top picked characters. His lock down is good and his combos are good to. i don't know, but after seeing allot of good matchs with Watson, I just cant fathom him being at the bottom.
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  D1_ Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:04 am

I guess the simple fact that he has to always tech after gettin KD'ed from a move to make sure he doesn't level down is the only reason...

...after watchin ur vid w/ the Watson infinite though...

...I might have to beg to differ.

I main Ced, Ash, OD, Oliv, and Marco. Currently workin on Face, and after seeing some crazy Freed matches on the Leisure Land site I grown to love Freed even more.

This game's fvckin awesome!!! It definitely is slowly pickin up a following NYC ^_^. I'm trying to spread it to as many ppl as much as possible.
D1_
D1_
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  LiSyaoran Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:17 am

D1_ wrote:I guess the simple fact that he has to always tech after gettin KD'ed from a move to make sure he doesn't level down is the only reason...

...after watchin ur vid w/ the Watson infinite though...

...I might have to beg to differ.

I main Ced, Ash, OD, Oliv, and Marco. Currently workin on Face, and after seeing some crazy Freed matches on the Leisure Land site I grown to love Freed even more.

This game's fvckin awesome!!! It definitely is slowly pickin up a following NYC ^_^. I'm trying to spread it to as many ppl as much as possible.
Man, please do. It is a good game.
BTW, the Watson infinite I believe was removed from the console version
LiSyaoran
LiSyaoran
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum